|Let it Shine|
by Karen Casey-Smith
Letting your light shine is pretty easy when the sun’s out, when things are going well. It can feel a lot more challenging when things don’t seem to be going your way.
Here are a few thoughts, strategies, and uplifting quotes that have helped me find my way to a better place when I’ve needed some assistance. I hope you’ll find a few that will work for you, if you ever temporarily forget the way back to your center. Depending on how you feel at the time you use these, different ones might be more helpful at different times.Oh, and it really makes things easier for you if you’ve practiced this stuff before you need it.
- Breathe slowly. Count your breaths. As your breath becomes calmer, your mind will be calmer. If you do this, it works every time.
Breathing in, I calm body and mind. Breathing out, I smile. Dwelling in the present moment I know this is the only moment. ~ Thich Nhat Hanh, Being PeaceWe cannot see our reflection in running water. It is only in still water that we can see. ~ Zen quote
- Ask for help, and trust you’ll get it. It was promised. Help can come from the Divine through so many avenues, including family, friends, strangers, angels, and in ways you’ve never dreamed. We are all connected. Remember, you’re asking with your feelings – they count more than your words.
Don’t hold to anger, hurt or pain. They steal your energy and keep you from love. ~ Honore de Balzac
- Remember, you aren’t alone. You don’t have to do/ handle _____ all by yourself. (See Ask for Help above.)
Worrying is like a rocking chair, it gives you something to do, but it gets you nowhere. ~ Glenn Turner
- When you request help, don’t micro mange the outcome you’re asking for. What if there’s some wonderful solution you haven’t thought of? There is. So, ask for the best possible outcome. Feel appreciation for the wonderful solution that’s on its way. Say thank you.
Your imagination is your preview to life’s coming attractions. Albert EinsteinGive thanks for unknown blessings already on their way. ~ Native American saying
- Take good care of yourself – get sleep, nourish yourself, etc. Go for a walk. There’s wisdom in your body. Listen.
Take care of your body. It’s the only place you have to live. ~ Jim Rohn
- Being peaceful, and centered, always has positive benefits, not only for you, but for everyone around you.
If we are peaceful, if we are happy, we can smile and blossom like a flower, and everyone in our family, our entire society, will benefit from our peace. – Thich Nhat Hanh Being Peace
- Pet or talk to your cat, dog, or other pet friend. If you let them, they’ll show you peace, and how to be in this moment. They can lead you back to center.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions; they pass no criticisms. ~ George Eliot
- Count your blessings. Let yourself really feel appreciation. Gratitude takes you out of your head and into your heart.
What we see depends mainly on what we look for. ~ Sir John LubbockGo to your bosom: Knock there, and ask your heart what it doth know. ~ William Shakespeare
- Help someone. Send blessings. It helps you, it helps them, and it can really bring perspective to your own life.
Student says, “I am very discouraged. What should I do?” Master says, “encourage others.” ~ Dogen ZenjiIt is difficult to see the picture when you are inside of the frame.” — Author Unknown
- Sing! Sing with all your heart. I’m convinced that the vibration of your singing helps to clear your energy. Singing in the shower might be even better. If you think your singing is scary, well, that might not be a bad thing!
He who sings scares away his woes. ~ Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra
- Treat yourself with sweetness, yes, with sweetness – in your thoughts, your words, and your actions, just as you would a dear or beloved person. You are that. ♥
Yeah we all shine on, like the moon, and the stars, and the sun. ~ John Lennon
Karen Casey-Smith's beautiful print "Let it Shine", along with a wonderful selection of her other inspirational photographic work, is available through her shop on Etsy. A big thanks to Karen for sharing this wonderful post with our blog!
Follow the Mind Body Spirit Marketplace on Facebook